Switch access is now available for Build-a-Book, Matching and Gears lessons in VizZle. You can use either one switch (with automatic scanning) or two switches (with step scanning).
Here's how to turn on switch access:
- In Teach, select a compatible lesson and click Play in the Activity Summary panel.
- In the Who is playing this lesson? dialog, click the expand arrow beside the Switch Accessibility section.
- Switch Access Type: Select the radio button for Two Switches (Step) or One Switch (Automatic).
- Two Switches (Step): If you are using two switches, one switch will be used to advance to the next item while the second switch will be used to make selections.
- One Switch (Automatic): If you are using one switch, your switch will control item selection. VizZle will automatically advance to the next item per the delay you specify.
- Switch Access Options: Check the option boxes you want.
- Play sound effect on advance: A sound will play each time you advance to the next item, or when VizZle automatically advances.
- Play attached audio automatically: This option turns on auditory scanning. Any attached audio in a lesson will automatically play when that tile/page is reached.
- Include audio button: Turn on this option if you would like the audio button on a tile/page to be included in the scan cycle.
- Include video button: Turn on this option if you would like the video button on a tile/page to be included in the scan cycle.
- Click OK to start the lesson.