Magic Media allows you to automatically personalize a lesson template so your students can play the lesson with pictures of themselves, family members, and/or favorite items included.
Here are three steps to set up your Magic Media lesson and get it to play correctly:
- Add pictures to the student's profile
- Create a lesson template with Magic Media
- Select the student at the beginning of lesson playback
Step 1: Add pictures to the student's profile
- Go to Teach and click the student's name in the left pane.
- In the student's Profile, check the Lock pane for edit box.
- Now it's time to add images to the student's picture boxes. You can either add images from your My Media folder or from VizZle's media library. To add images from your My Media folder, click the folder in the left pane, then drag the images to the respective picture boxes. To add images from the media library, enter a keyword in the search bar then click Search. Drag the images from the search results in the left pane to the respective picture boxes.
- Once you've added images to the picture boxes you want filled, don't forget to click Save.
- Please note: After you've saved your pictures, uncheck the Lock pane for edit box to exit the profile screen.
- Go to Create and select the lesson type (or tool) you wish to create. Please note: Magic Media works in all activities except Pix2Go.
- To add Magic Media to your activity, click the Magic Media folder in the left pane, then drag one of the Magic Media icons to a page or tile. For examples, if you want the student's family picture to appear in a Build-a-Book, drag the Family Magic Media icon to the respective page.
- Make sure you save the lesson when you're finished creating it! Tip: Save the lesson in your My Lessons folder for easy access.
Now that you've populated your student's profile, created a lesson template with Magic Media icons, it's time to play the lesson!
- Go to Teach and click My Lessons (or the folder you had saved the lesson in).
- Click the lesson template you had created, then click Play in the Activity Summary.
- In the Who is Playing This Lesson? popup click the Student radio button, select the student from the list, then click OK.
As you play the lesson you'll notice the Magic Media icons are automatically populated with the pictures from the student's profile. If you want another student to play this lesson, just make sure you select that student's name at the beginning of the lesson for a personalized experience!