A Lesson Set is a group of lessons that the VizZle Vets (our moderating team with over 40 years of combined special education teaching experience as well as multiple advanced degrees and specialty certifications) found in the Library, edited and/or created to teach a specific skill.
The lessons are packed into special playlists, and these Lesson Set playlists are now available in the Library. You can save the Lesson Sets into your folders just as you would a typical lesson.
Note: Since Lessons Sets contain carefully-chosen lessons, you are not able to add lessons to the sets. However, once a Lesson Set is in your folders, you can remove any of the lessons from it to create your own playlists or edit them however you please.
The guiding principle behind the Vets' choices of what to include in a Lesson Set was this: "What would help a teacher in the classroom most?" They are designed by teachers, for teachers.
- For skills that are most often taught 1:1 in special education, the Lesson Set is usually designed so it can be played straight through as a playlist, usually with a teaching lesson, then practice lessons, and often ending with a game to play with the student and/or a Pix for print lesson (found in the description) for table-top reinforcement. But any individual lesson in the list can be dragged out of the playlist into your folder for further editing, individual play or addition to your IEP objectives.
Note: To track a lesson from a Lesson Set for an IEP Objective, you must play the copy of the lesson attached to the IEP Objective (not the original in the Lesson Set itself)
- For skills that are most often taught in groups in special education (for instance, many social skills), the Lesson Set consists of great lessons for different kinds of groups that can be dragged out of the playlist and used as appropriate for the group you are teaching. This kind of Lesson Set usually ends with an interactive lesson and/or has a Pix for print lesson (found in the description) for individual play to check comprehension.
- Click here to see Social Skills (PreK to 2)
- Click here to see Foundational Skills (PreK / K-Readiness)
- Click here to see Common Core-Prep English Language Arts Prek-K
- Click here to see Common Core English Language Arts K
- Click here to see Common Core Math K
- Click here to see Common Core English Language Arts Grade 1
- Click here to see Common Core Math Grade 1
- Click here to see Common Core English Language Arts Grade 2
- Click here to see Common Core Math Grade 2