The data table and graph display the student's data results based on your selections in Report Criteria. To learn how to change options in Report Criteria, please read the article here.
This article explains how to read the data table and graph, and how to adjust the data view.
- The data table appears on the top of the student's Data page. It shows tracked data for lessons which the student has played. Here are the columns available in the data table:
- Percentage: The score for the played lesson, based on the number of questions the student correctly answered. (Note: If in the Report Criteria pane you've checked the Combine lesson plays on single line box, this number represents the average score for all the times a particular lesson was played.)
- # Correct: The number of correctly answered questions when the lesson was played.
- # Incorrect: The number of incorrectly answered questions when the lessons was played.
- # of Questions: The total number of questions in the lesson.
- Date: The date and time the lesson was played.
- Lesson ID: The lesson's ID number.
- Lesson Name: The lesson's title.
- Total Time in Minutes: The total time the user played the lesson for.
- User ID: The username of the VizZle account in which the student played the lesson for.
- You can specify which columns you want displayed in the data table. To do this, check the boxes in the Columns pane for the columns you want to show, and uncheck the boxes for columns you do not want.
- You can also sort columns so data appears in alphabetical, numerical or chronological order. To do this, click the column header you want to sort by. By default, data is shown in chronological order.
- Each row in the data table corresponds to a data point or bar in the graph below. When you hover your mouse over a row, the row will highlight orange, as will the corresponding data point or bar in the graph below.
- Tip: Click the down expand arrow to maximize the data table view.
- The data graph appears below the data table, and displays the data from the table in a graph format (either a line chart or bar graph).
- The line chart displays when the data table has a row for each time a lesson is played. (In the Report Criteria, this would be when the Combine lesson plays on single line box is not checked.)
- X-axis (Date): Data point represents to the date the lesson was played
- Y-axis (Percentage): Data point represents the percentage score for the lesson
- Average Rate of Change line: The green or red line in the graph represents the student's average rate of change in lesson scores. A green line represents a positive rate of change; a red line represents a negative rate of change.
- Zoom: You can zoom into an area on the graph, which is especially helpful for graphs with a lot of data points. To zoom in, click and drag to highlight the area you want to view. When you release your mouse that area displays zoomed in. To restore the full graph view, click Reset Zoom.
- The bar chart displays when the data table combines all the times a specific lesson is played into one row. (In the Report Criteria, this would be when the Combine lesson plays on single line box is checked.)
- X-axis (Lesson Name): Bar represents a specific lesson
- Y-axis (Percentage): Bar height represents the percentage score for the lesson
- The graph also interacts with the data table. When you hover your mouse over a data point or bar in the graph, the corresponding row in the data table will also highlight orange.
- Tip: Click the up expand arrow to maximize the data graph view.